The Unclassifiable Library Remix

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Banned Books in Second Life

More reference - mostly spent it preparing for book club.  This was followed by a quick breeze through the library liaison luncheon, held every year.  This is a chance for the department liaisons from the academic areas on campus to meet their library liaison, learn about their materials budget, and ask other general information questions.

Later on I did my Banned Books Week themed book club.  Book Club was in Second Life today, and I read from Chapter 1 of George Orwell's 1984.  Scary how that book still seems so relevant. This is my avatar reading to the book club attendees in world.


Might be hard to see, but my avatar is wearing one of her Banned Books Week outfits - my black t-shirt with "Censored" across the front.   I wore this as I thought the black censor bar bikini might be pushing it a bit. 


No comments: